Contact information

zela21@hotmail.com ~ 250-747-0505

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Links I Love

Below are my long list of links to websites that I support.

I thought I would start with the Edmonton stay at home moms who focused their energy into something they love. These women are beyond inspirational to me. When I lived in Edmonton I met these women and I can't believe how successful they've become. They set a goal, a dream and achieved it.  

COSY BABY HAPPY MOMMY
http://www.cosybabyhappymommy.com/
Erin started to make baby carriers when she was working full time and teaching highland dancing.  I was in awe at how much she was doing and I constantly wondered how she managed it all.  She ended up focusing her energy at home and made baby carriers of all kinds; mei tei, ring slings, wraps, woven wraps and breastfeeding pillows. She was featured on Breakfast Television for all the carriers she has made.  Now she has 5 Alberta retailers, 1 BC retailer, 4 online retailers and of course myself. With her wrap I was able to wear my new born twins at the same time. They're now almost 2 years old and I still wear my son when he is cranky.  Baby wearing has so many benefits and if you want to find out more please click on the link above...

J'ADORE DANCE
http://jadoredance.com/frontpage
Jessica is an amazing woman. I attended her Parent and tot program , Fiesta Family. Xavier and I had such a great time! I was pregnant with Tahlia (#2) at the time.  Jessica provided such a fun environment and helped the parents be okay with being silly with their children. The children warmed up to the classes and even now when I put on the Fiesta Family music CD at home, my children love it and we dance our heart out.  To all Edmontonians reading this, if you have an opportunity to go to these classes, then go!  You will not regret it at all.  When I attended her classes she was starting to branch out and hire more instructors.  Now she owns her own dance studio and has been seen many times on Breakfast Television.  She also has more classes to offer.  One of them was working out while wearing your baby.  If you go into these classes you will see Erin's baby carriers worn.
  
LIL'BROCKLI BOUTIQUE  
 http://www.freewebs.com/allibrockli/  
Allison's talent with sewing is extraordinary! Her children clothes are sewn with love and creativity.  The chosen fabrics are beautiful and the styles are unique. She also orders beautiful pettiskirts.  I bought one for each daughter and they love them.  When my girls are all dressed up I get tonnes of compliments.  She also makes purses which are so gorgeous.  Please check her website out and find her on facebook.  
LOCAL LADIES
Now I live in Quesnel.  I do miss Edmonton on occasion, I really miss my family and friends, however I love where my family is right now.  For a small town you'd be surprised at how many hidden gems there are here.  There are so many that I'm only going to list the links I know that are based on baby/childrens items or services. 

BO PEEPS
http://www.bopeep.ca/
I've meet Sarah on occasion through school functions. If there is one thing I definatly notice is how she supports community sports and events.  Not only is my son's soccer team wearing Bo Peep jerseys, she also contributed funds for Will Stroet a Canadian children song writer and artist.  She also funded the showing of BABIES at our local theatre through the film club.  He store is always a pleasure to go to.  She has so many items that are eco friendly and unique. She has dance wear and gymnastic clothing too.  If you have the time please stop in or check out her website.  Sarah is a true example of the importance of shopping local. 

SARAH HILBERT WEST
http://www.westhillmidwifery.com/default.html
What better way to end this blog then to show my support to Sarah.  Sarah was a student midwife and savior to us when our twins were born.  The twins were in the NICU for 2 weeks and Sarah would drop by and visit me occasionally. I always look forward to when she would drop in and it meant so much to me. Now she recently opened her own practice and has been a registered midwife in Quesnel since the summer of 2010.  
She is an amazing person who radiates beautiful energy. One of many things I found fascinating about Sarah was her stories of her practicum in Uganda. She is a true gem to Quesnel and if there are any ladies in the area expecting, please give her a call.

ADBOOM STUDIO
http://www.adboomstudio.com/Okay, Okay Amy Quarry isn't completely all about babies but she is all about connections, media and advertising support. I met Amy again when I first moved back from Quesnel. She was at the November Farmers market selling the most beautiful handmade childrens clothing out of recycled clothes.  She dove into a new love of media advertising and has been completely successful preparing advertising in local bathrooms, email marketing, media and now has started to offer local advertising with the theater.  She is woman with a large heart, beautiful soul and exceptional creative flair. I look forward to working with her in the future...



 ~Cheers~

1 comment: