Contact information

zela21@hotmail.com ~ 250-747-0505

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Well, well, well... it's been way too long :-)

So it has been a few months since my last blog entry. Due to certain situation (like my computers all crashing) I have been unable to do anything.  I was so inspired by some wonderful women I talked with and wanted to share some insight and inspiration. I met with Christa Pooley who is a local registered massage therapist. She is a kind and gentle woman and an exceptional RMT.  She shared some techniques on providing massage comfort to women who are expecting.  She widened the spectrum of  comfort measures that were taught to me during the DONA workshop. I cannot wait to apply these techniques to my clients and share this knowledge with their partners. 

I am happy to say that June is full and I am accepting clients for April and July onwards. *Insert Happy dance here...I am hoping that if all goes well, I will have more amazing and exceptional birthing services to offer in July and onwards. However, I will reveal more information when I complete the tasks at hand.  

One event I'm planning is in May.  May is Doula awareness month and the 5th of May is International Day of the Midwife.  I am hoping to plan an information session on Doulas and have the local midwife, Sarah Hilbert-West attend depending on the arrival of babies :-).  The exact date and time has yet to be determined.

There are some mothers I have talked to lately who also inspired me to share a link. This link was shared through Doula Services Association of British Columbia.

This website, Solace For Mothers, is a great tool for those women who have experienced a traumatic childbirth. I found that one of the importances of this website is women can have a connection to other mothers who have experienced a similar birth. This has opened my eyes to the need of more recognition to traumatic births. Reading about this topic brought back emotions I had felt with the emergency C-Section with my twins. Yes, we were all healthy, however I had experienced a wide range of emotions, fear and a sense of disconection with my babies compared to when I had with my first two births. It is imoprtant to talk about these issues and connect with other women who can understand what you went through. So please, if you have a moment check out this website.
http://www.solaceformothers.org/what_birth_trauma.html

Thank you for reading my post :-)
Love and light
Stacey

PS My spell check is down so please let me know if it doesn't sound right :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment